[identity profile] longstrt.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] ci5_boxoftricks


Title: When Hope Despairs
Author: [livejournal.com profile] longstrt
Artist: [livejournal.com profile] snailbones
Archive to Pros Lib: Yes
Genre: Slash
Characters/Pairing: Bodie/Doyle; Doyle/m
Word Count: 51,732
Warnings: Frequent mention of a certain bodily function.

Summary: Ray Doyle finds someone else to love after he chooses to split from his CI5 partner, Bodie. Justin St. Hilary offers him many things that Bodie didn’t, including an opportunity to make art his life’s work. Bodie discovers that Doyle’s interest in someone else makes him a very unhappy camper. In fact, seeing the two men together makes Bodie decide to change his plans for the future.
Notes: Thanks to Snailbones for her absolutely wonderful artwork. She did a fabulous job and was wonderful to work with.

Link to Fic: Fic Master Post



Link to Art: Art Master Post Snailbones will be posting her wonderful art separately, but I wanted you to have a second chance to see how well her art goes with the story.

Date: 2014-10-21 10:23 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] msmoat.livejournal.com
Congratulations! I shall look forward to reading this! That art work is absolutely gorgeous and definitely teases for the story. *g* Well done on the accomplishment!

Date: 2014-10-21 11:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sw33n3y.livejournal.com
Congratulations on posting! I like the summary, but I've also just read the beginning and I'm intrigued. :D

Date: 2014-10-21 12:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shooting2kill.livejournal.com
Downloaded and ready to go after one more story! Thanks for this.

Re: Thank you

Date: 2014-10-22 07:13 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shooting2kill.livejournal.com
Well I'm the least technical person I know, never even used a washing machine until I was in my 40s(!), don't drive, etc. so if I can do it, anyone can! Assuming we're talking kindles, here? Admittedly, initially, I had to have help and have it explained to me but once you have Calibre it's not hard to do it. I'm useless at explaining things, especially if I don't understand the process properly, but I'm sure if you post to one of the comms asking for help someone would respond and explain it clearly.
Edited Date: 2014-10-22 09:39 pm (UTC)

Date: 2014-10-21 05:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ali15son.livejournal.com
thankyou for a wonderful story ..i thoroughly enjoyed it .

Date: 2014-10-21 05:17 pm (UTC)
ext_36738: (Default)
From: [identity profile] krisserci5.livejournal.com
Looking forward to the story!!!

Date: 2014-10-21 05:23 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sc-fossil.livejournal.com
Yay, new fic! Thanks so much for joining us. Am downloading now.

Date: 2014-10-21 06:36 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cloudless-9193.livejournal.com
Frequent mention of a certain bodily function sounds interesting. ;-) I like the plot and I'm looking forward to reading this.

Date: 2014-10-21 07:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] saintvic.livejournal.com
Massive congrats on posting and this sounds wonderful, I can't wait to give it a read.

Date: 2014-10-30 10:30 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] moth2fic.livejournal.com
Well done! I've finally read it. I'm glad you didn't make Justin a villain but equally glad he and Ray parted ways! We don't often get novels nowadays in the fandom and I love long stories. I snuggle up with them on my Kindle!

I see you've had a few mentions of downloading. Once a story is on AO3 you can choose to download it in various formats - just 'click' on the 'download' button (top right in the AO3 page) and it will give you options e.g. mobi for Kindle, e-pub for others or pdf or html to convert for yet other e-readers. Calibre is a free program you can download to your computer - it will convert pdf to whatever you need and then upload it to your e-reader, or it will just upload a format AO3 has already converted. It also organises your 'library' so you can keep e.g. all the big bang stories in it, with some of the art for their 'covers' and make notes about each one. You are even encouraged to 'grade' them with stars, and tag them so that they're easy to find. Try it - it's free so you can't really lose, and use one of your own stories to experiment. And if you have problems, just ask. A lot of the fandom use it and can help!

Profile

ci5_boxoftricks: (Default)
Box of Tricks

2022 schedule

February 1: Writer sign ups begin
March 1: Writer sign ups close
May 1: Artist sign ups begin
May 31: Artist sign ups close
July 1: Writers’ rough drafts (6,600 words minimum)/full outlines due. Story summaries also due
July 9: Artist Claims Day. Artists will claim stories based on anonymous story summaries, first come, first served
September 23: Final stories (10,000 words minimum) and artwork/vids due
October: Posting begins

Many thanks to the one and only [personal profile] norfolkdumpling for creating our banner, icons and comm layout.

October 2022

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819 202122
23242526272829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 25th, 2026 02:13 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios